As you can see from these photos, Local Missions Summer Outreach Week is in full swing. Stay tuned for daily photos and brief updates here.
There are still opportunities for you to be involved with clearing of trees and limbs from storm damage, helping at the cookouts this Friday, or with follow-up after this week. See yesterday’s post for details, and contact Todd Keeler and Katie Barnett for more information.
Summer Outreach leader, Todd Keeler, had this report from Day 1:
• It’s really cool to go around to each of the sites and see how God is working. Day 1 went well—over 50 kids so far hearing the gospel.
• Pray for more to come; there are still more of us Covenant Life volunteers than children from the neighborhoods. We advertised door-to-door yesterday in a new area between two of the neighborhoods where we’re already serving.
• Some of the men in the church brought chainsaws, trucks and trailers to remove trees and limbs downed in the recent storm. The youth helped pile up the wood and branches. This was like the church saying “we love you” to the community.
• I got into a conversation with a woman who was very appreciative of what we were doing and would love to have a mentor in her son’s life.
• This week is really a springboard for ministry later on, not just a one-week thing where we can kind of feel good about ourselves and all wear matching shirts!
• Please be praying that the seeds we’re planting will bear much fruit in the weeks and months to come.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.