Yesterday was another successful day for Local Missions Summer Outreach Week! We’re posting photos and brief updates here daily.
Don’t forget about the cookouts coming up this Friday at 6 p.m. at the Laytonia Community Center and Washington Square Park. These cookouts are a great opportunity for Covenant Life members to both serve guests and share the gospel. See Monday’s post for details, and contact Todd Keeler and Katie Barnett if you’d like to help.
Here is another encouraging update from Day 2 (see yesterday’s post for a report from Day 1):
- Close to 100 children have come out so far.
- One girl said she has been reading her Bible every day since the end of Joy Camp last year when she received a Bible.
- Another girl wanted to know more and more about what she had learned. She asked a helper, “What is the difference between believing that God exists and actually being a Christian?” The helper was able to explain to the girl about faith and she ended up praying the sinners prayer and giving her life to the Lord!
- One of the helpers shared this report:
“I got the amazing opportunity to share the gospel with a [19-year-old high school student] from Laytonia who did not know the Lord, and was not really interested in talking (or so it seemed). During the one-on-one time he began asking me all these questions when I was expecting him to mostly listen. I did not know what to say at first, but the Lord gave me words, and he really did pay attention. I shared the gospel with him and prayed for him at the end. One of the last things he told me was ‘I think I should come to church.’”
- Please continue to pray for boldness and miracles (Acts 4:29-31). Also pray for longer-term mentors for the children in these communities.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.