Yesterday I preached from Ephesians 3:14-21. I considered four questions:
1. Who do we pray to?
2. What should we ask for?
3. How does God accomplish this?
4. What is the ultimate result?
You can listen online or download the message here.
And here are Pastor Brian Chesemore’s application questions:
1. In Ephesians 3:14-21, Paul lifts up a prayer for spiritual strength. How does Paul’s prayer teach us about God? What does it mean to know God as Father?
2. Paul uses numerous phrases in v.16-19 to emphasize our one spiritual need. What is the one fundamental need for the Ephesians and for us? What does Paul not ask God to do?
3. What significant work does the Holy Spirit accomplish in your life, as revealed in this passage?
4. What is the ultimate result of praying for this inward strengthening work of Christ?