Last Sunday Joshua Harris preached part 19 of our series, The Life and Words of Jesus: The Gospel According to Matthew. From Matthew 6:19-24, he challenged us to weigh the peril of serving two masters and focus on Christ as our true treasure.
Options for reviewing the message:
Questions for reflection and application:
1. Take time as a Care Group to read Matthew 6:19-24.
2. Have you ever paused to consider how temporal earthly treasures are? How does Jesus want this reality to reshape our priorities?
3. Where do you fix your attention? Is it on acquiring things or on the purposes of God?
4. Is your heart inclined towards generosity toward the needy? Are you passionate about participating in the spread of the gospel through financial sacrifice? Does giving feel like a “get to” or a “have to”? Do you have a healthy eye?
5. How does 1 Timothy 6:17-19 shed light on how we are to live this passage out?
6. Josh pointed out that we need to remember that entrance into the Kingdom requires a supernatural heart change. We need Jesus to save us so we can live a new life under God’s reign. Free from the love of money. Free from greed. Are you seeking the Lord to free you from slavery to possessions?
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.