In part 21 of our series, The Life and Words of Jesus: The Gospel According to Matthew, Joshua Harris preached from Matthew 7:1-6 on judging others. In this message, entitled The World’s Most Popular Bible Verse, Joshua teaches that only by accepting Godâ€™s judgment can we escape being judgmental.
Options for reviewing the message:
Questions for reflection and application:
1. Take time as a Care Group to read Matthew 7:1-6
2. Have you ever misapplied these verses â€“ either to escape moral responsibility, correction or criticism? Are there other ways you have misapplied these verses?
3. How should a vertical awareness of our accountability to God help us to extend grace instead of judgment to others?
4. In what ways are you tempted to sin (or sin) in judging others? What does this reveal about your relationship with the Lord? How can you grow and change?
5. Who are you viewing as your own personal â€śprojectâ€ť right now? Is your desire to â€śhelpâ€ť them motivated by love or by a sense that you are better than they are?
6. Why does Jesus teach that love for other people begins with a focus on our own shortcomings?
7. In verse 6, what wisdom and discretion does Jesus call us to?
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.