Invest is a 12-week class that covers the essential doctrines of Christianity. Invest will help you grow in your knowledge, application and articulation of God’s Word and better know and glorify him in all of life.
The course meets on Saturdays at 9 - 11 a.m. The dates for 2016-17 are:
- September 24
- October 1, 15, 29
- November 12
- December 10
- January 7, 21
- February 4, 18
- March 4, 18
Format: Each class is a combination of teaching and group interaction. There will be times for participants to volunteer in leading a discussion on an article, chapter, or even Bible passage.
Preparation for Each Session: Invest participants are asked to 1) prioritize the meetings, 2) read the material, and 3) participate in discussion over the material. There may be times where you are unable to attend or read all the material, but we ask each person to make every effort to accomplish these three things. Reading the material and being ready for discussion makes the time fruitful for everyone.
Assignments: The assignments for each week are detailed in the Course Outline. They consist of readings in Bible Doctrine and other articles. The articles are often practical and are important, but the Bible Doctrine chapters are the priority. Each week’s assignment has a key text that has a strong connection to the week’s topic. Please read this text and familiarize yourself with it.
INVEST WILL HELP YOU TO:
1. Deepen your relationship and knowledge of God by studying core doctrines of the Christian faith
2. Equip you to competently connect important truths of the faith to specific everyday situations
3. Inform you on the primary Bible texts for key doctrines
4. Prepare you to lead others toward a deeper knowledge and relationship with God
5. Acquaint you with Covenant Life Church’s application and practice of core doctrines
6. Grow your relationships with other believers by studying theology in community
Please email Nancy Lotinsky or call the church office with questions.