On these pages you will find video lessons from the Preaching and Literary Genre Curriculum, the first of three different curricula in The Simeon Course on Biblical Exposition. The Course provides flexible online training for people who want to get better at studying and teaching God’s Word. Each curricula tackles different aspects of preaching and teaching from the Bible.
The other curricula are 1) Preaching and Biblical Theology and 2) Preaching and Systematic Theology. Those who complete all three curricula earn the Certificate in Biblical Exposition.
Preaching and Literary Genre Lessons
1. John Woodhouse - Preaching the Old Testament: Must We?
2. John Woodhouse - Old Testament Narrative: The Context Is the Key
3. John Woodhouse - Old Testament Narrative: Preaching Christ
4. John Woodhouse - How Old Testament Narratives Work
5. David R. Helm - Finding the Structure in Epistles
6. Philip G. Ryken - Principles for Preaching the Epistles: Romans 6
7. Mark Dever - The Main Theme(s) of Romans
8. David Jackman - How to Handle Old Testament Poetry
9. David Jackman - How Wisdom Literature Works
10. Doug O’Donnell - Preaching from Wisdom Literature
11. Paul R. House - Preaching from the Minor Prophets
12. Barry Webb - Preaching Themes from the Major Prophets
13. Paul R. House - Preaching from a Minor Prophet: Amos
14. D.A. Carson - Preaching Apocalyptic: Understanding an Alien Genre
15. D.A. Carson - Preaching Apocalyptic: And Where Is Jesus?
16. D.A. Carson - Preaching Apocalyptic: Its Function and Usefulness
17. David R. Helm - Finding the Structure in Apocalyptic Literature
18. Jonathan T. Pennington - An Introduction to the Gospels and Acts: Context
19. Robert S. Kinney - Finding the Structure in the Gospels and Acts
20. Robert S. Kinney - How to Preach from the Parables
Information and course outline of the Simeon Course on Biblical Exition used with permission from The Simeon Trust.