The Simeon Trust workshops help pastors to learn methods of expository preaching, be encouraged through expositional preaching, and gather in small groups with the aim of sharpening each other’s teaching.
Old Testament Narrative
1. John Woodhouse - Preaching the Old Testament: Must We?
2. John Woodhouse - Old Testament Narrative: The Context Is the Key
3. John Woodhouse - Old Testament Narrative: Preaching Christ
4. John Woodhouse - How Old Testament Narratives Work
5. David R. Helm - Finding the Structure in Epistles
6. Philip G. Ryken - Principles for Preaching the Epistles: Romans 6
7. Mark Dever - The Main Theme(s) of Romans
Hebrew Wisdom Literature
8. David Jackman - How to Handle Old Testament Poetry
9. David Jackman - How Wisdom Literature Works
10. Doug O’Donnell - Preaching from Wisdom Literature
11. Paul R. House - Preaching from the Minor Prophets
12. Barry Webb - Preaching Themes from the Major Prophets
13. Paul R. House - Preaching from a Minor Prophet: Amos
14. D.A. Carson - Preaching Apocalyptic: Understanding an Alien Genre
15. D.A. Carson - Preaching Apocalyptic: And Where Is Jesus?
16. D.A. Carson - Preaching Apocalpyitc: Its Function and Usefulness
17. David R. Helm - Finding the Structure in Apocalyptic Literature
Gospels and Acts
18. Jonathan T. Pennington - An Introduction to the Gospels and Acts: Context
19. Robert S. Kinney - Finding the Structure in the Gospels and Acts
20. Robert S. Kinney - How to Preach from the Parables
Information and course outline of the Simeon Course on Biblical Exition used with permission from The Simeon Trust.