This past Sunday Joshua announced how you can contribute to the mission of Covenant Life through the Go Forward Fund (GFF), outside of your normal giving. He announced four categories of giving—areas where we believe we can have a real ministry impact. However, he missed the fact that we actually have five funds that comprise the GFF! So, here they are again (with the additional category):
You may give to any of the categories below or to the Go Forward Fund as a whole (in which case funds will be allocated evenly across the five areas):
1. World Missions – will support a variety of mission and mercy activities worldwide such as the work at Rancho 3M and other mission trips
2. Unreached People Groups – will support work primarily in areas of the world where the gospel has never been preached; this includes areas such as North Africa and the 10/40 window.
3. Debt Reduction – will go toward accelerating the pay-down of the current church building loan
4. Church Planting / Leadership Development – will support domestic church planting, including theological training
5. Benevolence / Community Outreach – will support care and ministry in the local community as well as members in need
To contribute, simply write a check to “Covenant Life Church” and annotate “GFF” in the memo line. If you’d like to give to a specific category, indicate the category in the memo line as well. The Online Giving page of the church website has been updated to facilitate giving to these funds online. (Look for the “Fund” line where you can choose how to designate your giving.) Note that the website allows for giving by electronic check, but not credit card.
We are so grateful for your partnership in the gospel!