Here are photos from Wednesday, day 3 of Local Missions Summer Outreach Week:
And here’s the report from Outreach Week leader, Todd Keeler:
- God is continuing to bring new kids to the camp every day, and the enthusiasm among the kids is growing.
- We are realizing that many of the kids have deep emotional wounds and needs. Through our love, God is bringing these kids joy and a sense of being cared for in an individual way.
- A teenage sister of one of the kids told our staff that her little brother frequently cries and is usually sad, but since he has been coming to the camp he is all smiles and laughter. It has been incredible to see God bring life into the lives of these kids this week.
- Many kids have surprised us with their enthusiasm for memorizing Bible verses, and even the youngest kids are eagerly talking with the staff about Jesus and why he came. Memorizing scripture has prompted at least one of the kids to start reading the Bible.
- Some of our volunteers visited an elderly community. The residents were genuinely appreciative of having people to talk to. They enjoyed a concert by the volunteers, clapping and singing along.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.